Thursday, July 07, 2005

London: 9/11 Revisited?

Self-employed at the time, I was in my little home office in Queens, NY, happily uploading books to my website, while just 25 minutes away, people were losing their lives.

My daughter, away at boarding school in MA, was frantically trying to call to make sure I was all right and of course, the lines were tied up.

My response, upon hearing her question my safety, was “Why wouldn't I be fine?”

"Mom, turn on the TV, a plane just crashed into the World Trade Center!"

Jarred from my little happy cocoon, I did so to see uncut footage of people jumping from windows 50 stories high. A sensitive soul, this was not one of my better moments.
My sister also worked in Manhattan, so the frantic phone calls to her job began. She turned out to be fine, had walked to her boss' Manhattan apartment.

To get home, she had to walk over the Williamsburgh Bridge from Manhattan to Queens. Not a walker by any means, she later testified of an angel walking and talking her through the long haul, then disappearing from sight.

A bright moment during a horrific happening. I pray that those in London encounter their guardian angels as well.

Peace,
Dee

0 comments: