Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Song A Day

Did you ever notice that sometimes, only a song will do?

Not many of us realize the power of the written word, put to music, that is commonly known as a song. Music has the ability to creep into the dark, dank and hidden recesses of our minds and hearts wherever needs soothing the most.

As far back as I can remember, singing, listening or dancing to music, has always been a part of my life. It comforted me when I felt lonely, celebrated with me when I felt victorious, assured me I was okay, when I doubted my sanity, protected me when I was scared, instructed me when I was confused and most of all it planted a seed of hope that kept me going when all roads pointed to the end.

I shared this love of music with my daughter, and I hope also to share it with you by way of the links to lyrics and/or music below that will uplift, guide and comfort you as well.

A song a day, will help keep the gloomies away!

Peace,
Dee

All in All
Battle is the Lord's, The
Healing
His Eye is on the Sparrow

1 comments:

the seeker said...

I agree. Songs are what the Lord gives us to be able to express the emotions deep within. When I sing, "You are my shield, my strength, my fortess, deliverer, my shelter, strong tower, my very present help in time of need" there are no other words that have to be spoken to Him that express my deepest need for Him. Great Post!